I managed to get the number of Unread posts down to less than 200 when I add a few new feeds – and phwappp as the Unread posts leap gaily to 315. Fine. I can keep up with my essential daily reading out of the way. If I don’t sleep.
- There is life after How To Write Screenplays – Badly – scribe Jeremy Slater has himself a new blog: Hi My Name is Jeremy Slater. The blogging scriptwriter field may be pretty crowded but few – very few – blogs are as deliciously laugh out loud as Mr Slater’s.
- For a hands-on approach to TV-writing, Jill Golick‘s Running With My Eyes Closed is a fantastic resource complete with case studies. (Look! A breakdown of The Wire pilot!)
- TV writer and producer (Millenium, Medical Investigation, and Killer Instinct) Kay Reindl has a badass blog called seriocity. Her honesty about her travails are searing and refreshing – and a reminder that you mess with writers at your peril. (Fedora-tip to the once quiet Lee Thomson for Mesdames Golick and Reindl.)
- Check out ammani over at filthy, funny, flawed, gorgeous for bite-sized prose that resonates. Personal favourites so far are this and this. (Fedora-tip to The Goddess who I’ve recently gotten addicted to blog-reading.)
- And finally, thanks to National Radio, I discovered that the mercilessly acerbic and clinically hysterical comedian Mike Loder has a website. Sweeet. No blog but it has some brilliant pieces on jury service and the annual Erotica expo.