I actually read stuff this year — 91 titles as a matter of fact, seven of which I didn’t finish for various reasons. This compares very well with 2014’s measly 24 titles.
Highlights, in no particular order:
- Justified pilot script by Graham Yost;
- Transparent pilot script by Jill Soloway;
- Steve Jobs 19 March 2015 draft script by Aaron Sorkin;
- The Fade Out issues 1–12 by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips;
- Alex + Ada by Sarah Vaughan & Michael Luna;
- Lazarus issues 1–20 by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark;
- X-ed Out, The Hive, and Sugar Skull by Charles Burns;
- Down Under by Bill Bryson;
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout;
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy;
- Cop Killer by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo.
Honourable mentions to The Ballad of Halo Jones by Moore and Ian Gibson, The Walking Dead issues 136–149 by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Stefano Gaudiano, and Cliff Rathburn, and Ms Marvel issues 1–5 by Sana Amanat, G Willow Wilson, and Adrian Alphona.
I feel like I should read more text-only books but I suspect that’s my easily triggered inferiority complex.