The Lovely Wife and I have just returned from a few days south where we —
- saw a couple of great shows (one of which must, must, tour),
- I — cue name-dropping! —
- schemed with Benedict Reid (yes, that Mr Reid) and Simon Boyes, soon after which we three mouseketeers pitched a show to the Circa Theatre Council;
- paid my respects to Kia Mau Festival principals Hone Kouka & Mīria George;
- applauded Riverside Kings creators Natano Keni and Sarita So, and their actors Semu Filipo and Lale Ausage,
- rubbed shoulders with theatre movers and shakers Nancy Brunning, Nathaniel Lees, Jamie McCaskill, Rob Mokaraka, Mish Muagututi’a & Tony De Goldie, Victor Rodger and the incomparable Maraea Rakuraku;
- and schmoozed with the Film Commish’s Karin Williams, Dance Aotearoa New Zealand’s Faye Jansen and her husband Murray, Creative New Zealand’s Makerita Urale, and Playmarket’s Salesi Leota and Murray Lynch;
- we visited my parents in the oul’ neighbourhood,
- broke bread with friends at the Southern Cross restaurant,
- and dined at our Wellington usual.
It was exhausting but fun. Until next time, Wellington.