I may not have written as much as I wanted to since 1 January 2007 but I’ve –
- run a total of 558kms (97kms of that sans mongrel);
- picked up 170 books, comics and scripts, and read 137 right through;
- and sat down to watch 128 films, DVDs and TV series, and watched 105 right to the (sometimes bitter) end.
‘S not bad. And because it’s that time of the year, I give you a list of notable and recommended reading and viewing experiences (in strict alphabetical order):
- comics: Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos’ Alias, Charles Burns’ Black Hole, Brian K Vaughan and Tony Harris’ Ex-Machina, Chester Brown’s I Never Liked You, Jimbo’s Pulp Sticktion strip in DMC‘s New Ground anthology, and Alex Robinson’s Tricked;
- scripts: 28 Weeks Later, The Bourne Ultimatum, Casino Royale, Gone Baby Gone, and Perfect Creature;
- books: Carl Hiaasen’s Basket Case, Mike Figgis‘ Digital Filmmaking, Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Rising, Patrick Suskind’s Perfume, and Patricia Grace’s Tu;
- features: The Children of Men, The Departed, Everything is Illuminated, Serenity, and Stranger than Fiction
- television: Burn Notice, Green Wing, Homicide: Life on the Street, The Insiders Guide to Happiness, The Shield, and The Wire.
As for the running, I do it only so that I fit my clothes.
Happy new year.