I have no hard and fast way of writing. There is always a deadline to meet. Everything else depends. My general approach is as follows:
- write at full speed in a glorious blaze of early enthusiasm;
- run out of enthusiasm and squeeze out little gobbets of this and that;
- hit a writing block and, in an attempt to be inspired, shoot anything that moves;
- panic when iCal reminds me of looming deadline;
- freak out wife and kids by working seventy-two-hours straight to deliver to deadline.
Hahaha, just kidding. (See also this writing process.) (Okay, maybe I did it a couple of times, and maybe The Goddess came down and pointed out what a health and safety hazard I was.)
But that’s pretty much how it goes.