We don’t have stocktakes or inspection days at Fortress Mamea where the menagerie present themselves front and centre with clean nails and shiny coats.
We do have a standing order of battle: our Forward Operating Base (FOB) Pi*, The Dog, The Goldfish, and The Chickens. I like to keep The Amphibian, The Kaimanawa Pony (Goddess permitting) and The Kitten** in reserve.
The Goodbye My Feleni production also has its order of battle:
- the inimitable Jenni Heka will be producing again;
- the co-directors are Shadon Meredith & Amelia Reid-Meredith who masterminded Hypothesis One;
- last year’s cast of Samson Chan-Boon, Andy Sani and Leki Jackson Bourke have returned, and are joined by Taofia Pelesasa;
- with support from Auckland Council Arts Alive funding; and
- with staging area at the Basement.
Rehearsals commence next week. I’ve gone cold turkey on Left 4 Dead II in order to finish the last draft of the script. And our faithful and loyal avatar, Chocolate Stigmata, has gotten itself a twitter account.
At Goodbye My Feleni HQ this phase of operation is not called ‘getting one’s ducks in a row’ – Jenni insists that we call it getting ready to stomp on your shit.
* Pi – Samoan for honeybee (pronounced ‘pee’), rather than the Greek letter and irrational number.
** Yes, an update on the expanded menagerie will follow, complete with pictures for your desktop, laptop and phone wallpapers.